Supporting individuals and families struggling with the ever-increasing rise in food insecurity, the Wilson Center, Inc.’s food pantry provides ongoing nourishment to residents across Mercer County. Stocked with canned fruits and vegetables, soup, pasta, rice, and other essential items, the food pantry is available to eligible residents by appointment every Thursday, between the hours of 9:30 am to 4 pm.
In addition to the Food Pantry, our efforts in fighting food insecurities include quarterly food drives available free of charge and without restriction for area residents. These include boxes of fresh produce, Thanksgiving turkeys with all the trimmings, Christmas gift baskets, and other food options to help enhance nutritional health and overall wellness. Also, through our partnership with the Mercer County Department of Senior Services, area Mercer County seniors visit the Wilson Center to receive a free, nutritious lunch Monday through Friday as part of the county’s Nutrition Project for the Elderly.
Food Pantry Service area: East Windsor, Ewing, Hamilton, Hopewell, Pennington, Robbinsville, Trenton, West Windsor, and Yardville
Food Pantry Application Requirements:
- Income under 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines per Family Size
- Verification/Determination letters as source of income are accepted and required
- Proof of income for ALL ADULTS in the house (last 4 weeks are required)
- Social Security Card for EVERYONE in the household (Including children)
- Birth Certificates for ALL children in the household
- NJ Driver’s License or Photo ID with your current address for ALL ADULTS in the household
To Receive a Food Pantry Application: you can:
– Download and print the Food Pantry Application
– Receive a copy in the mail by calling (609) 393-6480, ext. 109
– Pick up a copy at 169 Wilfred Avenue, Hamilton, NJ 08610
“I appreciate all you do. I know myself, after being out of work with very little and no income, the food was appreciated. Trying to catch up isn’t easy. Thank you so much for your generosity and kindness.” – Paula M.
“It was very thoughtful of the Center to do this Thanksgiving Giveaway with your efforts you supplied a lot of people with food at this time.” – Soam C.